Thursday, July 9, 2009

So much zucchini...

The only thing to do with too much zucchini... is make zucchini bread. Here's my new, lower fat, recipe. This way, I won't feel totally guilty for eating it all:
1 1/2 c white flour
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger

2 eggs
1 egg white
1/3 c oil
2/3 c low fat greek yogurt
1 t vanilla
2 1/2 c grated zucchini

Mix dry ingredients. Beat eggs in a small bowl, add other wet ingredients and mix. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing briefly until moistened. Bake in greased loaf pans ~50minutes at 350deg. Yum. Unfortunately, I didn't plan that it would be worth a blog post, so I didn't take a picture. Plus, it really just looks like zucchini bread.

The moral of this post - if you're local and want some zucchini, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment