Wednesday, May 11, 2011

loud breathers...

My pup is sick.  We're not sure yet how sick, but already sick enough to be more expensive than Shea's race wheels...

You know those people - the ones who breath loudly when they sit behind you on the bus, in a conference room, in the tram at Snowbird?  I'm one of those when I'm on a bike, but that's another story...

Photo credit: I've had this on my desktop for so long I've lost the source...
but it was taken at a cross race in 2010, I think.
Gideon is a loud breather now.  He snores while awake and he snores louder when he's asleep.  Either way... when he opens his mouth to actually breath, he stops snoring.  I think it's to the point now where this is actually what's waking me up at night.  Not the snoring - the cessation of snore-tastic loud breathing.

Pill delivery is a bit challenging - he can't stop breathing through his mouth long enough to chew his favorite pill pushing food - strawberries, so I've relegated him to chunks of banana.  Yes, he is a weird dog.  At Mom's, he sits by the strawberry patch, waiting for someone to come pick some.  We throw him all the slightly off color berries.  He scarfs them all.  Gideon will also eat an entire banana - or just the peel, whatever you give him... so I guess banana is probably not a downgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment